Lieu : Genève · Contrat : CDI · Rémunération : 100k €
We are the world’s largest independent energy and commodities trading company. Every day we use our expertise and logistical networks to distribute energy around the world, efficiently and responsibly. From 40 offices worldwide, we seek to add value across the energy supply chain, including deploying our scale and market understanding to help facilitate the energy transition. To date, we have committed over $1 billion of capital to renewable projects, and are identifying and developing low-carbon opportunities around the world.
We have developed our own Commodity Trading Risk Management (CTRM) system that covers all aspects of our business activities across the globe: from trade entry through middle-office with P&L reporting and price risk management down to invoicing and for whichever commodity we are trading: electricity, renewables, gas, crude oil, refined products, biofuels, or carbon certificates. Vitol is unique in the energy trading world in making our CTRM the core of our business processes that everyone at Vitol works with, often on a daily basis.
As a member of the CTRM team, located in Geneva, Switzerland, you will:
- Actively contribute to the development of our core system by developing new features based on user requirements to meet our evolving business needs
- Work closely with a wide range of users to identify & prioritize requirements and design technical solutions
- Maintain & further improve system modules, including the ones you will help build but also existing ones
- Provide business applications support and training to users on day to day issues
We also have a position where you could :
- Actively contribute to the development of our core system by developing features around commodity & FX
- Options valuation, volatility surface construction, greeks reporting, and other topics related to assessing non-linear risks; you will also help further develop our VaR engine and other stress testing capabilities
As we are working as one united team that covers all the functions of our CTRM, the projects you will be involved in may be as diverse as:
- Modelling cash-for-product loan repayments in our Finance P&L
- Building a valuation engine for non-linear complex options that we trade
- Running a systems integration with a company we’ve acquired
Our core technologies, including PL/SQL and Oracle Forms Builder, are still an important part of what we do, and they have enabled the Vitol success story. We are gradually migrating to a more contemporary technology stack. When you join, you will work with our established technologies to get familiar with the data model and business logic, and quickly start adding value to our business. For those interested, we will also create opportunities further down the line to be part of this important technology migration.
University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent field
- Proven data modelling skills to translate business situations into data structures, proficiency in SQL
- Entrepreneurial drive, ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive and user-focused “make it work” mentality with a genuine interest in the functional as well as technical aspects of each challenge encountered; comfortable with daily release cycle model
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full proficiency communicating in English in a business context (verbally & in writing)
Send a resume and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not hesitate to contact for questions.